Get details about the CAT exam paper, registration procedure, best management institutes, etc. Also have a look at past years' actual test papers, solutions, detailed analysis and practice mock CAT tests to clear the cutoff score and get admission in best MBA colleges in India.
- The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India including the IIMs.
- The CAT score is used separately by each institute along with other parameters i.e. academic performance, work experience, group discussion, written assessment and interview performance etc. to select candidates. The weightage assigned to CAT score may differ for each institute. Candidates are advised to read the weightage, process and breakup for each institute on its respective website.
- The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. (Candidate if selected needs to submit a certificate latest by 30th June 2015 from the Principal/Registrar of College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.)
|15.00%||Scheduled Caste (SC)|
|7.50%||Scheduled Tribe (ST)|
|27.00%||Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer|
|3.00%||Differently Abled (DA)|
Test Duration & Pattern (CAT 2015)
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1. Quantitative Ability||34||3 hrs|
|2. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34|
|3. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32|
Significant changes in CAT 2015:
- CAT will have a new section called Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning (DILR).
- QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions.
- No switching to other sections while answering questions in one. Section will shift to next one after candidate spends 60 minutes on it.
- Candidates can select four test cities in order of preference. Allotment of sessions will be random.
- Test duration has also been increased from 170 minutes to 180 minutes.
- Written answers will be introduced along with multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- Test will be held at 650 centres across 136 cities on November 29.
- Tutorials to understand new exam format will be available on CAT website from October 15.
|Events||2014 dates||2015 dates|
|Registrations||Aug 06 - Oct 07, 2014||06th August to 20th September 2015|
|Download of Admit Card||Oct 19, 2014||15th October 2015, 1:00 PM till Exam Day|
|Exam dates||Nov 16 & Nov 22, 2014||29th November 2015|
|Results||3rd Week of Dec, 2014||2nd week of January 2016|
Top Colleges Under CATApart from the present 13 IIMs, the Government has decided to open six new IIMs, one each inHimachal Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. CAT 2015 will also include the Registration option for these new IIMs. They are likely to commence their academic session from 2015-16. Other prominent B- Schools (not in any particular order) that accept CAT scores are:
|S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research||IMT Ghaziabad|
|NITIE||K. J. Somaiya Institute Of Management Studies And Research|
|Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi||MICA Ahmedabad|
|MDI Gurgaon||SJMSOM (IIT-Bombay)|
|VGSOM (IIT Kharagpur)||Department of Management Studies (NIT Trichy)|
How to Apply
- Register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
- Note: Payment of registration fee can be done through online modes only including credit card, debit card or through net banking.
- You do not have the option of choosing you preferred slot this time
- You must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if you are selected for a programme, original degreecertificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.
CAT with TESTfundaPrepare for CAT with TESTfunda.com using CAT Funda – Comprehensive material for CAT.
The study material is available in print and online formats.
- Combo packages – CAT-XAT-IIFT Skill Builder (Theory) + Complete MBA Test Centre(National Level Tests for CAT, XAT, IIFT, CMAT, NMAT, SNAP)
- Theory + All India Mocks – CAT-XAT-IIFT Funda (CAT-XAT-IIFT Skill Builder + CAT-XAT-IIFT Test Centre)
- CAT Test Centre – Exhaustive Full Length National Level Test Series for CAT
- CAT-XAT-IIFT Skill Builder – Complete Theory Material for CAT 2015, IIFT 2015, XAT 2016
- Rank Booster – Question Bank of 6000 + questions – including past CATs
We provide sincere class with comprehensive and relevant study materials and test papers to our student that help them enhance their knowledge and skills resulting in better performance during the exams. We are on our ultimate mission. Our mission is to bring the incredible vision into the marketplace and monetize it while showing how it can transform the ugly and competitive world of coaching and entrance exams and make the world a better place.